Monday 31 August 2015

Ruby Wedding

My cousin Christine, and her husband, Michael are celebrating their Ruby Wedding Anniversary next weekend, so it was an opportunity to get crafty and make a card. I love the effect spirelli gives. I used a piece of hammer card from my stash and punched some spirelli shapes from some snippets of cream and red card. I used some gold thread for weaving and finally punched some hearts  from the red card left over. The red shapes were stuck flat to the card and the cream toppers were put on foam pads to elevate them slightly. The greeting was typed on the computer using the shade of red that matched the card.

 
 
I would like to enter this card in the following challenge
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Ruth. The Spirelli is perfect for such a special occasion. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like spirelli too Ruth but haven't done any for a while. Your card is lovely. I'm sure Christine and Michael will be delighted. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card - love the gold thread - it gives a real sense of class to the card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card Ruth - and ingenious use of spirelli too. I bet your cousin and her husband love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab anniversary card.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete